Each Sunday, I will endeavour to provide you with a curated list of the best articles I have seen throughout the week that relate to building your platform.
The featured articles cover topics on book marketing and promotion, blogging, social media and self-publishing. (I may even throw in a few inspirational and fun posts, just so that it’s not all work and no play!)
Don’t Waste! Recycle Your Content
You’re convinced that building your writer platform is a necessary evil, and you’ve even managed to set up your author headquarters and create content for your website with some regularity.
Who has the time to continually produce ‘epic’ content for a website, rock several social media platforms with brilliant wit and casual banter AND knock out a respectable daily writing quota?
Not me, and I’m betting not you either!
So here’s a short checklist of ways you can repurpose the great content you already have, as well as get extra mileage out of your future posts:
- build on a theme or idea that you’ve already written about; go deeper or try approaching the topic from a different angle.
- turn an in-depth post into a video series, discussing each point separately in 5 minute mini-productions.
- transcribe an interview or podcast, tweak it and turn it into a blog post.
- take a pillar post and create a slideshow presentation for Slideshare.
- mine your blog post or interview for great quotes that you can turn into Tweets, Facebook conversation starters or beautiful text-on-image graphics for Pinterest.
- use an older, but evergreen post, to develop a PDF download or email opt-in series to give away as your ‘ethical bribe’ to incentivize new subscribers to sign up to your email list.
Now that you’ve got some ideas for making your content work harder for you, take a breather and enjoy this week’s wrap-up of featured articles and resources! [Read more…]